- Summer in Chicago is magical. I know it’s not technically summer yet, but with these 80* days, the city sure seems like it! Yesterday I went for a bike ride along the lake with a couple friends and we stopped at the Montrose Harbor Beacon to soak up some rays and marvel at the turquoise water. The weather was so beautiful and we hadn’t been out in so long that we ended up riding 9 miles! This afternoon I’m having lunch outside with my grandparents, playing pickleball with my dad, gardening with my mom, and taking their cute puppy for a long walk. I’m just so thankful that it’s nice out again – it makes spending time safely with others and being active so much easier!
- India has been hit incredibly hard by the pandemic and many organizations on the ground desperately need support to continue their impact. In addition to those focused on healthcare and oxygen supplies, here are two organizations focused on humanitarian issues that were exacerbated by the pandemic:
- I think I may need to start a fan club for Vanille considering how often I rave about them, but they’re really that good! Annie (from our first interview!) had never been, so we popped by after our bike ride and filled a gorgeous box of macarons. I love how Vanille has classic flavors like rose, raspberry, and vanilla, along with some unique seasonal options like milk & honey or elderflower blackberry. There’s always something new to try, so I have to stop by frequently 😉
- Typically my skin gets less dry as the months get warmer, but since my PCOS diagnosis, there is no predicting my body. For some reason, my face has been drier than ever, so the Bliss Drench & Quench serum has become my favorite new addition to my skincare routine. I use it both morning and night and it’s so hydrating while still being lightweight. It completely prevents makeup from clinging to dry patches too.
- This could fall under eating, but it is something I actively make almost every day, so I’m going to make an exception… My tomato toast “recipe” from last week has been the perfect not-too-heavy lunch for these warmer days. I’ve been making this since 2019 and I’m still not sick of it. It’s super satisfying without being too complicated or time-consuming.
- Planning a trip! My favorite thing to do in life is explore a new place; I love experiencing different cultures, trying new food, and wandering through foreign streets. While I won’t be going overseas any time soon, I’m so excited for local trips with friends now that we’re all vaccinated! I love a good road trip and it will be so nice to get together after this past year, so we’re planning a weekend in Lake Geneva! My family used to vacation there when I was young, but I haven’t been in years, so I can’t wait.
Thank you so much for supporting The Allotrope by using our affiliate links when you shop!